I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Week Dos!

Dennis and I were just talking on Sunday how it's barely been two weeks since Elder Ririe left, but it feels like a month.  Here's a little of what he had to share today.  He's not a man of many words, so when we say a little..that's just about what we got.  But it was more than enough!  We knew he was destined for greatness!  (And I will never get tired of his exclamation points!!)

Hey Mom!! This week has been great!  Sooo much to talk about in soo
little time hahaha.But first off. I got called to be a zone leader!!Its crazy and its crazy just how much stuff I'm doing.  Between clase y
zone leader stuff I'm super busy. But I am learning the language better now.  When Nicki talks about missionary brain, she's right.  Because right now I can't think of a single question you asked me in your letters or anything to even tell you except for I love it here, the church is true, and Tuesday is Costco pizza day!

Mom, thanks for finding a way to get me some contact solution.  I'm not sure how you did it but one of the hermanas talked to me and said she can refill mine anytime.  See, having faith in Jesuscristo y a dios all things are possible!  Since I've been Zone Leader I've had many people in my district telling me thank you for your hard work and your spirit. I don't feel like I'm doing that much and my spirit is just the same as everyone else's.  We had an awesome district meeting last week about why we are serving missions.  It was really awesome!  The spirits is super strong here!  I love it!

Tell Nerm I shared his philosophical quote and everyone loved it.  Tell him to keep coming up with more!  I need thoughts I can share with other districts!  

I can't believe how much I'm learning and how many different things I'm learning.  Like, did you know the Chinese Philosopher Confucius lived during the same time period as Lehi and Nephi?  I thought you might find that interesting. SPIRITUAL MIND BLOWN!!

Letters in my mailbox would be great.  The record here for one day is 7 and I want to show them I can blow that out of the water!  You can even send them all in one big envelope.
Believe it or not I was just thinking about one of your hugs, so it's funny you mentioned that in email today.  And I've been writing in my journal every day.  I haven't missed a day yet. Weird, because I'm just not much of a writer and have never really kept a journal.  But I kinda like it.  

Tell everyone that I love them and I have one week less to go so I'll be home in no time.  Mom, thanks for being a good example to me.  And Dennis thanks for being a good example and a great Dad!

Muchos Amor!
Elder Ririe

No comments:

Post a Comment