I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Because if you can't laugh at yourself.....well.....

Oh how I miss how she makes me laugh!

Hey Mom and Den!
So the transfer news is that we are both staying. Which I'm really excited about. We get along really well and we're starting to teach really well together. So that was really exciting when we got that news. haha so here's a funny story. Transfer calls can come anytime between 9:30 and 10:30 so we're sitting on the couch at 9:30-10 and the whole time I have to go to the bathroom and Sis. A won't let me go cause she says they're going to call if I do. So she finally gives up cause she really really needs to...well.... We both run off to the bathroom (we have different bathrooms) as soon as we both sit down the phone rings! So I'm kinda thinking that Sis. A is messing with me and I'm super nervous anyway so I'm kinda yelling and then I found out that it was the DL on the phone. So I start freaking out more cause I don't want to here the news through the bathroom door. She finally comes out and we get the news that we are staying together. It was pretty awesome, we were really excited. Pretty much our whole zone is staying together. 1 Elder left and they're opening a new area out on the res.
This week was a pretty good week. We're working with a lot of less actives and most of them want to start coming back. In fact! one did! She hasn't been to church in at least 20 years and she came this Sunday! We were super excited! She's the one who may or may not have a split personality. So she's hard to work with cause you never know if she's telling the truth or not. We were going to stop focusing on her but it ended up paying off in the end!

This week we have an appointment with a referral that we've been trying to contact for the longest time. We're super excited about that. And it's a whole family! I've always wanted to teach a whole family. So hopefully they are all still interested. Well I'm really hoping. That was actually my birthday wish. shhhh don't tell.

Nothing way too exciting happened this week. We've just been chuggin along keeping up with our appointments. Today we saw a former investigator, "H" and she still reads the BoM .  Well she's like 80 and kinda on the lonely side. She basically told us her life story today and it's pretty crazy. We're going to go back and see her sometime soon. haha She's the nicest lady ever! on our way out she gave us a huge bag of trail mix and a big bag of lindorff chocolates and 2 huge bottles of aveeno lotion. haha she's awesome.

Okay, so one more funny story.  It's just been that kind of week.  So there is one gated community in our area. And it can be pretty tricky to get into. We were lucky enough to follow someone in on foot. We felt pretty cool. Then we go and try to contact someone, and he wasn't there, so we have to get out of the community. Which is the tricky part.  We see this car coming in and we start walking briskly but still trying to keep our cool. We didn't want to make it too obvious that we snuck in. So after she passes us and turns the corner a bit we start running. The gate is closing, it seems faster and faster by the second. I'm not thinking I'm going to make it in. My companion gets through with ease, we're both thinking that we're going to be stuck on opposite sides of the fence. But then I gather all the strength I can muster and lunge through and make it. In the process my sunglasses fell off  so I had just enough opening to reach in and grab them, put them on and walk it off. It's safe to say that we are cooler than Indiana Jones.

I love you all!  Have a great week!
Sis. Ririe~


No comments:

Post a Comment