I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Growing Pains!



This week was pretty good. A lot of growing pains. Figuratively speaking of course (I'm pretty positive I won't get any taller). We were glad we made it to the end of the week. Yesterday we were looking back on the week and it seemed so far and like so much happened. We both got bad news letters and that really set us back. But! The good news about that is that we did service and it was awesome. It's amazing how much a little service can do. We now volunteer at an assisted living home. Basically we just hangout with a lot of old ladies. We got to color last week, and just talk with them. There's this one lady who is actually a member but she's hilarious! She'll play peek-a-boo with us for a long time and stick her tongue out. haha she stole Sis. A's scarf. It makes me excited for when I get to be really old and crazy, and do whatever I want just cause I'm old haha, it'll be awesome.
One of my favorite people in the ward is moving to Utah in July. It's still a long time so I'm not that bummed but I'm slightly bummed. We have FHE with her every Monday. She basically teaches us, she has a lot of awesome insights. She's kinda scared to move to Utah because of all the Utah Mormons. haha There is a difference between Utah Mormons but maybe not the difference that she is thinking of. New Mexican Mormons are pretty great! I guess there shouldn't really be a label. Mormons are great!
We decided that we are going to start riding bikes more! It'll help us talk to a lot more people and it'll also help me belly get smaller. It'll be pretty fun! And the weather is so nice outside most of the time we always want to be outside anyways. I'm kind of excited to ride bikes again. haha hopefully I won't sweat as much in the spring as I did in the summer. haha no one would let me in if I looked like that. Or maybe everyone would.... hmmmm
We started teaching this older lady, Hilda. She moved here in like the 50's from Germany. Her husband died a few years ago. She's pretty awesome! She has a German accent and she's super nice, and she doesn't dress at all like she's almost 80. The hardest thing with her is that she doesn't want to change religions at her age. That's pretty much her only excuse, but she promised she would read the BoM and we're 90% sure she's actually dating a member. It's just meant to be!
I don't know if I told you last week but the vieatnamese investigator we're teaching went back to Vietnam for a few weeks but we got permission to continue teaching him through e-mail or skype. This seems like a simple thing. But it's a pretty big deal. We didn't think we'd get permission to even e-mail him. And then president through out skyping and we took it! It's actually a lot harder to teach over e-mail than I thought it would be. But it's still fun! He reads the BoM faster than I do! He's probably my favorite investigator ever.
oh do you know what way is best to get to lance? does he have an e-mail? And what is the new blog you made called?
This week we have exchanges :/ There are always awesome miracles that happen with exchanges so I'm excited to see some of those happen. haha I have faith that they will.
Oh! Last Sunday we decided to do a 40 day fast of things that don't really seem that bad but could be. We started with an actual fast for help to come up with a list of things that we probably shouldn't do anymore. Then we made a list and it was stuff like. no quoting non-church movies and no singing non-church songs. And a few other things. We really didn't realize how much we quote things until we stopped. Now we catch ourselves all the time. But it'll be a good experience. We read a letter of someone who did this and they said that they had the spirit with them all the time and it was soooo strong. But that was almost at the end of the 40 days. I know that this will help us in the work as it will bring the spirit even more into our lives. I keep saying we and our cause a lot of our goals are the same and we're helping each other out. I have a strong testimony of how being unified strengthens your testimony and progresses the work.  And I love Sis. A!  She makes it so easy to want to serve her as well as serve WITH her.
Tell Lance I'm sure he's seen some awesome sunsets and I want to see pictures.  Let's see who has the prettiest sunsets....New Mexico or Afghanistan.  Game on!  :)

I love you all!  
Sis. Ririe

No comments:

Post a Comment