I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Friday, February 21, 2014

Are you really there?

I have to share a sweet story for the week.  So last Saturday night (which with the 11 1/2 time difference in Afghanistan is really Sunday morning), "Nerm" (yes, that's a nickname...and yes, he really DOES like it!)..anyhow....  Nerm was saying family prayer.  As he was asking special blessings for each of his brothers and sister, when it came to Lance he asked that Lance would be able to find a way to go to church and that he would have a desire to go and be a good example to "his guys".  The next morning (which again, was Sunday night in the "sandbox"), before I even got out of bed, I get a text from Lance that simply said, "Awesome!!! Made it to church today."  :)  I let him know what Tanner had said in his prayer the very night before.  He said, "He's awesome!  I really miss that kid!"

I hollered for Tanner to come into our room so I could show him the text.  I have never seen his face light up so much!  He said, "I KNEW my prayer would be answered!"

So....for any of you that may be wondering, "Heavenly Father, are you really there?",  just ask Tanner.  He will undoubtedly tell you YES!  He is there, and He hears and answers every child's prayer!  How grateful I am for the love these boys have for each other and for the love our Heavenly Father has for each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment