I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Struggles Make You Stronger

Hey mi madre y mi familia!

It's crazy to think I'm half way down with the CCM!  Some days it does feel a little like I'm in jail just because they have razor wire all around here and it's gaited off.  Don't worry, Mom...it's just to keep us safe! My thoughts are a little scattered, so it'll probably sound like I'm just rambling off on stuff.  First, I just want to say I've learned so much here!!!  I have been reading the Doctrine and Covenants and it's been mind blowing!!!  It's like the scriptures are like, hello Hunter..ready to have your mind blow by spiritualness???!!  :)

The other day we had to do a role play and I had to pretend I was teaching an investigator who has having problems with the law of chastity.  I shared with them Mosiah 20:11 (the scripture that Mandi stamped on my coin that I wear around my neck) and I told them what Bishop Benjamin and shared with me about the scripture.  The spirit was so strong that the sister I was "teaching" was in tears.  She later came up to me and thanked me for my testimony and said she thought that scripture was really cool and that she didn't know if I gone through some of the same problems that she had, but that scripture helped her out a ton.  So bonus points for Bishop Benjamin (and maybe a couple my way for actually remembering it)! haha  It was also kind of nice to know that maybe people struggle with the same things that I do and I'm not alone. It reminded me of a quote from a movie, and Lance and Tanner this is for you, "Tonight I will fight the 7 strongest men in town...maybe the world.  And our Heavenly Father will be in the ring with me.  And we will win...!"  They'll like that.  And tell them it kid of relates to the scripture.  :)  LOL...I told you my thoughts were kind of scattered and random today.

Best news of the day!  Other than your email, of course...  There is a rumor going around that you can order Crispy Cream donuts on line and they will deliver them to the CCM!!!  If that's not true I guess I'll have to go to my outside source for donuts!

Tell Den and Lance that Montai Te's sister was here at the CCM and left last night.  I got to see all the Polys do a haka and sing goodbye.  It was pretty cool.  Mom, Montai Te is the football player from Notre Dame that was in the news a while back..  Ask Den for the complete story.

I've discovered it takes three weeks to receive a letter from home, so I think I should see yours and Mary's letters soon.  I hope.

The language is alright.  It's kind of progressing, but it will come in time.  Speaking of time, my time is out and probably well over, so tell everyone that I love them.  And also tell Tanner that 9 months will go by quickly.

You guys are awesome and I'll mail you next week!!!

Mucha amor,
Elder H. Ririe


No comments:

Post a Comment