I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Wednesday, February 12, 2014

This Is A Test!

As I was setting up the blog and wanting to make sure it was up and running, I typed in the words "This is a test" and clicked submit.  My purpose was, of course, to make sure I had done everything correctly and to see if we were good to go.  As the screen of the finished blog came into view, the very first thing I saw were the words THIS IS A TEST! It struck me just how fitting those words were.

This is a test!  A test of our closeness as a family and our love for each other.  A test of our courage and most of all a test of our faith.  For me (Mom) it's going to be one of the truest tests of my faith I have ever had as I try to set my fears and doubts aside and trust that the Savior will walk with them daily, carry them when they need to be carried, and bring them all home safely. (And the same for us at home!) While it's a little sad to have them all so far away and for what seems like forever, and while we shed a few tears now and then (not nearly as many as I did last week!) how can we possibly be sad for having children that have chosen to go and do such amazing things?!  I am so very proud of them...and just as proud for Tanner who has one of the hardest jobs of all...staying behind at home (we'll call it Rear-D for those of you that know Army lingo) and holding down the home front while everyone is away.  

Just know, Mom will always be Mom, and she will have her up days and her down days...but hopefully mostly up!  We'll try to post letters and info on each one separately and share some of our thoughts along the way.  This is an amazing journey for all of us and at this moment I wouldn't trade it for anything! 

And to my children:
Be Safe - Be Good - Be Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment