I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Friday, May 30, 2014

The Zone!


Hi Mom!

We FINALLY got to have an awesome P-day!  This is the zone at "the falls".  I'd like to say we hiked all the way up there, but since it's hotter than hot we rode in the truck.  But go right ahead and think we hiked it, cuz that makes it sound way cool!

Things are moving along slowly but surely.  The language is coming kinda slow.  There was one day last week that we went on splits and all of a sudden it was like I couldn't remember a thing. I couldn't speak it or understand it.  It was weird.  My DL gave me a blessing and I was much better after that.  I know I just need to work on patience, but it seems like I've been here a long time and should be to that point already.

We had a zone conference and President Dester pulled me out of a class just to see how I was doing. When we were done talking he asked if we could have a prayer.  He started the prayer and then stopped and asked if he could give me a blessing instead.  Sure!  It was an amazing blessing.  I love that man!!!

The work is still slow and it's still super hot. People aren't out much in the heat and there's a few hours in the day when we just can't do much. We do get these awesome amazing thunderstorms roll in though.  Oh man, you'd love em!  And talk about loud!!!

Elder R and I are getting  long much better.  He's actually pretty funny.  I think it was just that language barrier that was getting in the way there for a while.

I was great to get to talk to you all and "see" you on Mother's Day.  Nerm is growing!  And now mom is officially the smallest in the family...haha

I'll try to add more details next week.  Really, there hasn't been a whole lot going on lately.  Just know that we're working hard (we're good kids and good missionaries), we're safe, and it's HOT!  Oh, and I haven't seen my package yet but I'm sure it'll be here next week.  Hi to everyone for me!! And tell them to WRITE!!!!

I love you!  The church is true!!!  I know my Savior lives!!!!

Love, Elder Ririe

No comments:

Post a Comment