I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Friday, May 30, 2014

Obedience, Blessings, and My One Year Mark!


Sister Ririe hit her one year mark this week!!!  Yay!!!  Only 6 more months to go!!!

So this week has been pretty good. We've been really focusing on contacting people. Talking to everyone we can. We've been able to see a lot of success from it! We made a goal to talk to 5 people one day, and we had 4 so far, and it was after the hour we had planned to do contacting. But we all decided to try hard and reach our goal.

There's a certain skill to contacting people outside. You have to look ahead so you don't awkwardly cross the street to contact them, then they just get defensive. Long story short we ended up crossing the street 3 times just to talk to one person. We finally got to her and did some small talk and then introduced ourselves and it turns out that she was baptized like 35 years ago but fell away when she was a teenager. We were able to invite her to church and now we found a member! It was pretty cool. I knew that we would be blessed to reach our goal. haha more importantly I knew we had to find that one person.
This week there have been a lot of blessings from being obedient. Well I truly think they're from obedience. There have been small miracles all over the place! Oh and this week we have a baptism! I've been able to teach her a few times. It's a part member family, and the husband is going to baptize her. I'm so excited for her! She wants it so bad! I'm glad that I got to teach her a little bit. I know I was here to help her with one little concern. It was cool to be able to really relate to her with things I've been through, and be able to help her that way.
Another miracle of this week is that an investigator called us and canceled an appointment... which isn't the miracle. The miracle is that she told us she's prayed about the Book of Mormon 3 times and she knows that it's true!! It's so exciting! It's always a great experience when you get to see people realized the blessing that come from the Book of Mormon.
It was pretty cool to be where I'm at for memorial day. They didn't do anything big, or at least anything that I heard of. But we were able to contact a lot of soldiers and I was able to thank them for their service.
This weekend we had a really interesting lesson. It was with a couple and they go to a non-denomination Christian church. We only got through 2 points of the first lesson (not even to the good part) when they took over the lesson, and started telling us different verses in the bible that "prove" it wrong. It was an exhausting lesson because they wouldn't listen to anything we said. Which is kinda funny because they really were the nicest couple! It just turned into an argument, except we didn't argue. At the end they read some verse and told us to discern what it means for ourselves, and to really look at what we believe again.
Well I know what I believe, I know that this is the true church, I wasn't brain-washed into thinking that. I had to find out for myself. But I've been able to see countless blessings that come from this church and from living the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of Jesus Christ and through Joseph Smith, He restored His church and restored the priesthood. I know these things because I've prayed about them and received an answer for myself. I know that Heavenly Father will answer anyone's prayers, just like He answered mine.
I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment