I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Crazy Little Fortune Cookie~

 

This week was a pretty good week. I turned 1. Which was actually kinda really bitter sweet. I don't want my mission to end. I'm thinking about becoming a Mormon nun. haha jk. I've just seen so much growth in myself and so many miracles that I don't want it to end! This work really does make me happy. It's not even work. Me and Sis. Walker always talk about how awkward we're going to be when we get home because we don't want to lose the growth that we made. So be prepared I'm gonna be awkward to the max! And proud of it.
 
We had a baptism this week and it was pretty awesome. Just like all baptisms are. This lady was so excited that she was finally baptized, she was just so happy. That's what I love the most about baptisms, is seeing how happy people are. I also love seeing how their testimony has progressed and how much they love the gospel. They have like a greeny fire about the church. It's great!
 
This week we also had an interesting experience. We were out contacting and we talked to this lady. It was some good conversation we asked her if we could give her a Mormon.org card, her reply was "no thanks, been there done that." People rarely turn down a card so it was kinda weird.
 
On the way back to our car we passed her house again and she came running out and asked us if we'd like to come to a Bible study later that night. We told her we would. I was actually super nervous all day. I thought there was going to be some hard core bashing. Well there wasn't at all. It was actually really nice, and there were a lot of ladies there that we were able to talk to about the church and about what we do. I think the study was technically on the book of Joel but I don't remember.
 
Well. This same lady who invited us to the bible study called us a few days ago, and told us that she would like to feed us sometime!! We never saw that one coming. She went from not taking a card, to feeding us. That's a pretty big leap! So I'm way excited to see what happens at this dinner. I really think she felt something at the study and wants to know a little bit more.
 
This week is going to be super awesome. We have another baptism. It's for someone I've come to love so much. She loves the church so much! She's watched every Mormon message there is, and she even watched both Districts. She is definitely one of the elect. She has so much potential! I've been able to see her progress in just the 3 weeks I've been here. I'm so excited for this Saturday! No one is more deserving of being baptized than her!
 
I love being able to see how much the Gospel of Jesus Christ really does bless the lives of everyone that tries to live it. Of course no one is perfect, but as long as they strive as hard as they can to do what they're supposed to they will be blessed. Cause that's just how it works. That's how the cookie crumbles. I love this gospel so much! I love the opportunity I have now to be able to share it with everyone I meet. I just love being a missionary!

Oh yeah! Another cool little story. So we had zone conference yesterday, and they're always cool meetings. The spirit there is always so amazing and I always learn so much. One thing I got out of it was being happy and positive and how missionary work is 90% attitude. So on our way home we were talking about this and how we're going to be happy no matter what now. Well when we walk around we like to look on the ground, you can find some of the best things! (we found 3 spiderman masks!) I always look for lucky pennies. Anyways there's always good stuff on the ground. haha it's not as bad as it sounds. Anywho I was looking at the ground and I noticed a piece of paper that looks like a fortune and it was!!! (sidenote: I love fortune cookies a LOT!) The fortune said "Don't pursue happiness. Create it!" It blew all our minds that the random ground fortune went exactly with zone conference. Crazy tender mercy!

I love you all!
Sis. Ririe

No comments:

Post a Comment