I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy Reunion!

Surprise!  And the biggest running hug EVER!!!


This week was awesome! Yesterday we got to go to the temple! Oh man I love that place. It still amazes me every time just how peaceful it is. Even as you drive within the gates there's a peace, that peace just grows more and more the longer you are there. Temple day came at the perfect time, just when I needed it the most. Missionary temple day is always fun because after a session you get to go in the sealing room and President Miller gives a little devotional. I felt like he was talking just to me during the whole thing. And I got to see Sis. Andrasko again!!! Oh man I've missed her so much!! It was so great to see her again. And it was a complete surprise!
Yesterday we felt like we should see a former investigator. We were walking up to her apartment and she was there on the porch smoking, we mentioned we were missionaries and she said she was actually just in the middle of a prayer. She was sitting there praying and we just walked up and talked to her. It was awesome! I love it when things like that happened. Her prayer was answered really quickly! haha.

This week I've been able to witness just how much the gospel does bless lives. I saw this by seeing someone who chose not to meet with us anymore. We used to teach this guy pretty regularly then he decided he didn't want to go to church anymore because he took pleasure for happiness. Anyways, we finally got a hold of him, we decided we would keep in touch after he dropped us. He was a totally different man from when I met him in January when he was trying to learn the gospel. His countenance totally changed for the worst. I almost couldn't believe that it was the same person. He was swearing a ton, and talking about messing with his neighbor just for fun.
It was sad to see this downfall in his character but it strengthened my testimony even more that there are so many blessings that come from living this gospel and from continuing to learn, by reading scriptures and going to church. That is exactly where true happiness is found. Not through worldly pleasures, that give you a quick fix, but from learning of Christ and becoming closer to Him.
Well I hope you all are having a great week. Love you!

Temple Day....my favorite place to be!


No comments:

Post a Comment