I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Our first "official" family letter! And pictures!!!!




Thrilled beyond words!  And Mom definitely did the happy dance (video to follow if she hasn't deleted it by now!)  He's so sweet and doing great!  He had a little something just for -  how did he put it, "encouraging words to those of the current household".  haha - that kid!  His advice to Tanner is my favorite part.  That and his testimony.  I'll never get tired of hearing it!  Here's just some snippits from his letter:



Tanner:
First off, I just want to tell you that you are awesome!  And when you got to Moroni's Quest (youth conference) don't be a Laman or a Lemuel.  Be a Nephi!  In other words, don't murmur and stuff like that.  I only say this because Moroni's Quest is when I gained a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon.  And that's when I knew that it's a true book.  So when you go, "liken the scriptures" (1Nephi 19:23) to yourself.  And lastly, remember that you are never alone.  Heavenly Father is there with you, even when you think you're alone.  And He knows what you are going through.

Den:
Thank you for never giving up on us.  I am glad that I am here and I know there are days that are going to be hard.  I have never felt the spirit so strong and I know that my testimony has grown.

Mom:
I don't know what to say because I get to email with you every week.  Just know that I am just fine.  I know there are going to be hard days, but remember to be thankful for those hard times (more proof that I was paying attention in conference..haha).  Mom, I know that this is the true church.  I know that God has called me to help share His gospel.  The Book of Mormon is the word of God and if we have a question I know we can turn to the scriptures, and with a sincere heart we can find our answers.

Love, Elder Hunter Ririe










No comments:

Post a Comment