I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Thursday, April 24, 2014

One of my favorite things!


Hi all!

Okay, so Mom gave me a list of questions and things to talk about this week.  LOL...I must be failing on the details in my emails!  I'll try to do better next week, Mom!  Here's a quick rundown of the week.  I'm not sure what exactly to say because it seems like we pretty much do the same thing every day and the area is super SUPER small, but I'll try!

The most spiritual experience of the week:
Definitely watching the Joseph Smith movie with one of our investigator families.  In fact, one of the highlights of my week.  That movie never gets old!

Prettiest thing I saw this week:
The prettiest thing would have to be the view of the valley/city from where we are.  I never get tired of looking at it.

Baptism this week:
Our baptism that was supposed to be on Saturday had a little hiccup, but hopefully it will go through this next Saturday.  She is definitely ready to be baptized!  So excited for her!!!

How was Easter?  Any new traditions?:
Easter really was just like any other day.  They don't really do anything to celebrate it here and they barely even talked about it.  I was surprised being in a pretty much all Catholic town.  I was looking forward to Holy Week, but it really wasn't a big deal.

Companion:
LOL...we're still figuring this out.  That's all I have to say about that  :)  But I will say that I really don't want to be transferred next week because I'd really like to stay with Elder Baird.  He's the other gringo serving in the area with me and he's been teaching me and helping me so  much.  He's the best!

That's about all I can think of for the week.  It's super hot!!!  I'm trying to get the zone to hike to this awesome waterfall, but nobody really wants to do much in the heat and humidity.  I really want to see it though, so maybe I can talk them into it next week.  I'm REALLY hoping my package comes tomorrow. PRAY I get it!!!!  Family pictures are a must!!!  The work here is going good and the language is still coming along.  No worries!  (Nerm, miss ya bro!)  I'll email Lance and Nicki.

Love you guys!
Elder Hunter Ririe

No comments:

Post a Comment