I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Just a Normal Week in the Life of a Sister Missionary!


Hey!
So this week was a pretty normal week. There's really not a whole lot to be updated on.
Last Friday night we had dinner with the Kingston's and it was awesome as per usual. She made Indonesian beef, I never learned how to actually pronounce it... but it was really good! Then after we were able to teach her, it turned into more of a q&a type lesson. But she had some really good questions and concerns. They're actually going up to Utah this weekend and just hanging out in Salt Lake. Haha Donna has seriously been to more church history sites than me.
We got to teach Rebecca again and it was awesome! She mentioned that while she was reading in the BoM she got a strong impression that she needs to get baptized! The member we were with was awesome and asked her if she'd want to set a date for it. But she has some speed bumps and concerns. haha what investigator doesn't have speed bumps?! We get to eat lunch with her tomorrow. Which I'm way excited for. I feel like I don't really know her as well as I should. So it'll be a good way to get to know each other.
On sunday there was a big Easter concert that the stake put on. It was amazing! The institute choir sang, then there was a Cello violin number playing the new primary song. A few more things. It was awesome! We were hoping to have more people that we invited come but we were glad with who came. 

We've learned that people really don't want the sister missionaries to do service.  They always turn us down.  Maybe it's the skirts?  It's not the fact that I look delicate.  Cause I do not!  haha  I keep offering my service.  The weeds here are no fun though.  They have thorns and pokey things.  I miss doing yard work with you, Mom! LOL...nothing like adventures with mom and a wheelbarrow!  haha  I miss you!
Yesterday we had interviews with President and Sister Miller. They're the best! I'm glad that I get to be serving with them. Haha sometimes I really do think that I'm here because of them. Well there are no coincidences, just planned miracles haha. But they've taught me so much about everything, not just mission things. They really are great examples. So meeting with them always makes the day better!

I am including Sis. Reva's address.  She is serving right there in Centerville and I KNOW she'd love a visit!!  hint hint!!!  And cupcakes....more hints!

I miss Sis. A...we were just like best friends!  So here's another picture of us together.  Don't get me wrong, I love my new companion, but there's nothing like a best friend!

Love you all,
Sis. Ririe
P.S.  Tell "Nerm" I found New Mexico Nerm!  Yes!  He has a twin!!!  Pictures coming soon!!!  Love you, Nerm!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment