I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Wednesday, April 23, 2014

For That, I am Grateful!


This week was pretty good. It was a little tough with Spring Break and all. It seemed like everyone was going out of town. Or fellowshippers were out of town. We were able to meet with Rebecca though! She wanted to take us out to lunch. We originally didn't think that'd we'd see her this week. It was fun, we were able to get to know her a little better, and she bought us Easter baskets from Costco. She's the best!
We were teaching a lesson and it was more towards the end of it when this Sister was like "hey do you want to see my Easter bonnet? I think I'm going to wear it to church on Sunday." So she goes back in her room and she comes out wearing a sombraro.  I thought it was hilarious. Unfortunately she didn't wear it to church. haha that's probably a good thing actually.  But I was just excited to see everyone's faces. 
We were able to have a lot of lessons this week. Friday and Saturday we tried to really focus on finding more investigators to teach, but we didn't really have any luck.  It was an interesting weekend. 
But Easter was fun! We were able to teach a few of my favorite people. Ok... pretty much everyone is my favorite. One sister is one that is going to have a really hard time coming back and she's kinda more reserved, but she opens up to us more and more as we go over! It's way cool to see people warm  up to you and begin to trust you. Then we saw Sis. Gonzales and she's moving to Utah in June! I love going over there. We always get into these good gospel discussions about life. We really talk about everything.  I already invited her to my homecoming. Then we had Dinner at a member's house and they were super nice. It was a good dinner! We weren't able to eat at a lot of people's houses this week because things fell through or they just never were there.
Oh yeah. One of my favorite Sister missionaries that I serve around was emergency transferred. That was actually really sad. She got like a 9 hour notice and when President tells you to do something you do it! Haha she was always the life of the zone so it's been a bummer that she's gone. But then Sister Smith came!  Sister Smith was in my MTC district! I love her!
A cool member in the ward decided that she was going to make Easter baskets that represented Christ's last week and have scriptures from the Bible and BoM and give them to less actives and some non-members. She invited us to come along with her. There were a few miracles that came from this. 1. We were able to see an investigator that we haven't for a really long time and she let us all in and talked to her for a little bit, she's way nice. And we're going to teach her on Friday. 2. We were originally supposed to do it in the middle of the day but for some reason she switched it to the evening. Well we went to this one less active and she had a gate (a lot of people here have gates before their door. As an extra precaution. They're super cautious here.) So we called her and let her know we were outside. Well turns out she just got back from the hospital visiting her son who is really sick. No one in the ward knew he was in there. We came at exactly the right time. She was pretty much amazed at our timing and called us angels. Thanks to the awesome member in the ward and her inspiration we were able to bless this Sister's life. 
Well that was pretty much the week. It seems like it's been a really long week... But that's all that I can think of that happened.
But wait there's more! The scripture of the week! I was studying the Atonement and then the Scripture 1 Peter 5:7 popped up. So I read it and it was really good, so I decided to read the whole chapter. Well 1 Peter 5:10 popped out. I thought it was the coolest scripture ever! Like really, why isn't it quoted more? I love what it says and how it explains that our trials are there to help strengthen us, and help our testimonies grow as we lean on the Lord. I know it's hard, but it's always good to have an eternal outlook when you go through trials. In the end you'll be a better person and have a stronger relationship with Heavenly Father. He died for us so that we can live with the trials, tribulations, illnesses etc. Oh boy how I'm grateful for that!

Love you all!
Sis. Ririe



No comments:

Post a Comment