I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Parable of the Yellow Light (by Nicki)



So this week has been pretty good. It's just been a lot of going around and introducing my new companion. And figuring out how to do my hair haha It's improving no worries.
Something cool kinda happened yesterday. Well first of all everything just went downhill and I forgot the ward directory and my gps died so I was relying on my memory of where people live. (which it wasn't that bad, just slightly stressful the night didn't go as planned.) So we were going for a while and I had nothing come to mind and it was almost time to go home anyways so I headed on my way home.
On the way we passed an apartment complex that had a potential investigator, it was kinda sketchy and it was night, I kinda didn't even remember her name, it wasn't in the time frame that she gave us to stop by; all these were reasons why I shouldn't stop by and I was already on my way home after a long day. But I kept feeling like I should stop by and see her and just trying to push it to the side.
Well we ran into a yellow light just a little passed the apartments. It was like a spiritually slap to the face. I knew I had to go back and see her. Especially cause it was one of those intersections that's always green. So I turned around and saw her. It really wasn't a big miracle or anything when we saw her. She was getting ready for bed so we set a return appointment.
The moral of the story is that sometimes Heavenly Father gives us yellow lights. He gives us signs when we're doing something wrong and a chance to make a different choice. The light was yellow and I easily could've made it, especially if I drove like I lived in Albuquerque. But I had to choose to stop and go back. Sometimes we have to stop what we're doing and go back. I'm thankful I heeded to the promptings of the spirit and did what I was supposed to. Nothing big became of it. haha I actually think it was a big test. Like one you and Den do all the time haha. But it helped me learn to hear the promptings. Hopefully next time it won't take a yellow light ;)
Oh and we had the best lesson ever! We taught my favorite person, Donna,  here and she agreed to read the BoM and pray about it!! I'm so excited to teach her again. It was one of the most powerful lessons I've ever been in. The spirit was so strong and I was able to bare a solid testimony, I even cried, it's true, tears fell. I know that she's going to feel the spirit when she reads. Aaahhh I'm just so excited for her and her family!!
We also got to teach another person who is extremely prepared, she basically taught us the first lesson. We asked her something about Joseph Smith and she told us the whole story and added details that most people don't know. It was fun to teach her. 

Yep that was pretty much my week. Hope everything is going hunky dory over there! 

Love, Sis. Ririe

No comments:

Post a Comment