I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Monday, June 23, 2014

Stepping Stones

 
 
So for this week:
 
We had exchanges this week. It was super last minute and I was worried about it, exchanges are really stressful. But it actually ended up being really fun and super helpful. I love the Sister that I got to spend the day with. She's just the best! Of course there's always miracles on exchanges. At the very end of the night we contacted this kid and by kid I mean teenager. He expressed that he really wants to change, he's had a really rough life and done some rough things, and really wants to change from all of that, and wants to know why he's here. It was pretty cool because the gospel can answer all those questions.
 
Most of the big miracles actually happened just yesterday. We were walking around contacting and earlier we decided to knock on all the doors that have stepping stones in the yard. So we knock on this door, a lady answers and lets us in. She goes to get her husband and so we re-introduce ourselves as missionaries and he says that he's a super inactive member and he's not on the roster. And then invites us over for dinner, as long as we don't get preachy on him haha. So now we have a dinner with them soon! That was the first miracle.
 
The second one happened after we were at a members house for a little longer than we should be. Sis. Smith needed some advice for her special diet. Me and Sis. Walker felt unusually calm about spending that much time there. Usually we don't like to just sit there.
 
We work our way back to the car and on the way there was a guy watering plants and we started a conversation with him. I don't even remember what was said or how we ended up talking about the gospel. All that I know is that it was 100% led by the spirit. I do remember after some conversation he mentioned that people our placed in our paths and he mentioned that it was serendipity. He told us that while he was watering his plants he was just praying and asking what to do in his life. Then we walked up and started talking to him. It was the most amazing contact of my whole mission. He was kind of a rough looking guy and towards the middle he started crying and just couldn't stop.
 
This miracle was a real witness to me of why I'm out here. Because you never know who is in need of a little help. You can't really judge them from the outside, you have to get talking to them. And you never know when someone needs your testimony or even your smile. I'm so grateful for the chance I get to be a missionary, and to be able to share the gospel with everyone I meet.
 
Well I hope ya'll have a great week!
P.S...Enjoy the pictures of our little friend, Freddy!


Meet Freddy!


Sisters, umm, I think we have a visitor!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment