I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I LOVE You!

Happy Father's Day Den!  I love you!

Well first of all we had an awesome baptism. It was one of the most powerful baptisms I've ever been to. This investigator is definitely one of the elect. She just soaked in everything. She went through some rough patches but she finally made it to her baptism. I don't think anyone has ever been so happy to be baptized! I'm so excited to be able to watch her testimony grow. She has so much potential! She's one of my favorites! And President and Sister Miller came all the way to El Paso, basically for the baptism. Which meant a lot to everyone! They are just the coolest people. Some of the nicest people you will ever meet.
This baptism really helped me realize why I'm here. For a long time I didn't think that baptizing people was really necessary for me as a missionary. I thought it was just for pushy people who like bragging about numbers. It's not about numbers at all. It's really about giving people the opportunity to receive blessings and happiness. haha that's really what baptism is blessings and happiness.
We've been doing a lot of contacting lately. And we've been enjoying it! It's not a pointless chore. We've been blessed to see a lot of fruit from our labors so to speak. We got 3 new investigators last week! I'm excited to continue teaching them all. Most of them have been pretty prepared, so they're real easy to teach.
Sometimes when we get bored walking we'll start rapping. haha I wish I had a tape recorder to share these raps cause I don't remember them at all. I may have to invest in one. Cause they always seem super genius when we say them haha. You're probably just shaking your head right now.
Last night we had dinner with our Bible Study friend. She's the one who initially turned us down. She didn't even take our card. And now she's feeding us dinner! It was interesting to see the difference in her from when we first talked to her and she was a little cold. And now she says we're going to keep in touch. We aren't teaching her, I'm not sure how open she is at all. But she's really friendly! We have a new friend in the neighborhood haha plantin' seeds.
Well that was pretty much it.... Or that's all I can remember at this point. My memory is getting a lot worse haha. But it's been a huge blessing to see so many miracles lately. I know that it's from all the hard work we've been doing. And especially how obedient we've been. Obedience really does bring blessings. It's really hard to believe if you just hear about it though. You have to try it for yourself to really understand. That's how I learned! Amazing miracles come from obedience though. I've noticed by obedience to the smallest things come the biggest miracles. So keep all the commandments. Even if they don't seem like a big deal. They're a pretty big deal.
Well I love you all! Keep on keepin' on!
Love, Sis. Ririe

No comments:

Post a Comment