I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Call~


 
Well here it is part 2: The Call
 
There's nothing more anticipating than finding out where in the world you're going to spend the net 18 months of your life. Waiting on a piece of paper to tell you how your life is going to be can be really nerve racking.
 
With everyone getting mission calls I had it down to a science when it would come. If it didn't come Wednesday it came Thursday. Well my call didn't come on Wednesday so I knew it would come. Thursday just happened to be my day off.
 
I was expecting the mail man to come around 1:00 like it usually does. Well this guy was running 3 hours early! I anxiously watched the mailman pull into the circle put mail in a mailbox, and completely drive by our mailox! I was really shocked for a second, until he parked in front of the house and got out, witht he call in his hand. Which would be a good thing if you were prepared. I just woke up, my hair looked like Medusa, I didn't have a bra, It was just a mess.
 
It's safe to say I was freaking out. He rang the doorbell, I grabbed the first coat from the closet, quickly tried to tame my mane. then answered the door. He asked if I was Sister Ririe, haha I sure didn't look like any sister at that point!
 
Well I finally had the call! Now all I had to do was wait until everyone came home.
 
I had to get out of the house instead of just staring at an envelope forever, wondering where God was going to put me. so me and a friend played racquetball. while we were out I told her about my dream I had the night before. In my dream I was with friends on vacation. I remember looking around and not really knowing where I was. But since I was supposed to know I didn't want to ask anyone in my dream. We were one our way to a basketball game, when I decided we were either in California or New Mexico. I decided we were in New Mexico. After I told my friend this she was saying how cool it'd be if I went to New Mexico on my mission. I thought it'd be cool but definitely not my first choice.
 
Later it was finally time to open my call. family and a few neighbors were there with friends on Skype. When I read that I was called to the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission I knew without a doubt that that's where I was needed. I was so excited! It also proved to me again that God has a sense of humor since I always said I never wanted to go anywhere touching Utah :)
 
Heavenly Father showed me in little ways that I was supposed to go to New Mexico ever since I've been here I've been so grateful. It really is the best mission in the world. There's no place like it.
 
I know that I've been here to help people. I also have seen that people have been here for me. It's crazy how God knows exactly what we need and what is best for us. I never would've picked New Mexico for a mission but I'm so extremely grateful that Heavenly Father knows me better than I do and didn't pick my 1st choice, but picked the best choice.
 
Hope ya'll have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment