I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Saturday, October 25, 2014

Bonus Letter!


Mom and family!

Bonus letter!  My comp isn't feeling too well, so I thought I'd write my favorite family!  Thanks dor the package!  It was awesome! It was good timing too because my comp is sick, so I had fun with the mustaches! I wish I could mentally send pics to you.  You'll have to wait till p-day  :)

I thought I'd write a little more about the miracles that happened this week since I didn't so much explain them in my email.

Saturday, a ton of people were home.  It was a good day!  The greatest one was when we were out - we had plans to walk around and contact.  Sis. Montini had the impression to go see someone we didn't plan on seeing.  So we headed on our way.  This house is tough to get to.  Their street is closed because of construction.  Well, we finally got to her house and she was outside!  She has this giant gate that you can't get into.  We started talking to her and she said that she's only home 1 weekend a month so we caught her at a really good time!  We ended up talking to her for 2 hours.  She's not on good terms with a lot of people int he ward, but we were able to connect and get on good terms!  It was so cool!  And now her mom is bringing someone to the Fall Festival!  Her mom is actually super cool.  So 80 years old an does Cross Fit!  I'm not even lying!  So she's bringing one of the trainers that just had a baby.

The Fall Festival should be an exciting time!  It's the trunk or treat.  The ward goes all out!  It's the biggest event of the year.  Everyone invites non-members.  We're really excited to see what happens form it.

Another thing that happened was pretty cool, but it was more personal.  We were teaching a less active guys.  He's actually a return missionary.  He served in the Tucson Mission when El Paso was part of that mission.  But he never servered here.  He is just struggling a bit lately with his testimony.  He's way fun to teach!  He knows what he needs to do, he just needs a little push to do it.  So we're that push and that extra spiritual shoulder to lean on.  We finished our 2nd lesson with him and asked him to say the prayer at the end.  He was a little hesitant at first.  He said there was going to be some lightening and thunder if he said it. But that was ironic because it was already stormy.  Anyways, he said the prayer and it was super sincere!  He was thanking Heavenly Father for sending the missionaries and for our time.  And he started crying!  He almost couldn't finish the prayer.  I can't even describe how that feels.  It's one part of serving a mission that makes everything worth it.  One prayer can make all the weird looks you get, all the investigators that drop you, all the hard companions; it makes ALL of that worth it.  When you know how much you've helped someone - well - more like how much you were able to bring the Spirit into their lives, it makes the whole 18 months worth it.  I hope that made sense.  (I kept getting distracted)  :s

Nerm!  When I get home we're going to the temple once a week! (I'm watching a "Mormon Message" on temples right now)  We'll find names and go do baptisms for them!  Deal?!  You can get a head start on finding names if you want to  :)  It'll be our thing.  We'll go before school and then get breakfast.  the temple is a lot cooler when you go before school.  The sacrifice of getting up early brings even more blessings!  And your day goes much more smooth.  I know it may be hard to find names, but just try it  :)  Your temple experience will mean a lot more if you find the name yourself. Guaranteed!

Oh Mom, heads up!  I told a former sister to contact you.  Don't be alarmed if Rachel Wilcock tries to friend you.  I told her you 2 should hang out.  It'd be good for both of you!!!

Den!  There's a Victory dealer in our area.  I think of you every time we drive by it.  Someone that lives in our complex own a nice Victory.  I have no clue what bike it is, but it's really nice!  Mom told me about your Halloween costumes!  I think it's awesome!  You'll have to send pictures!  For Halloween I might go as my companion..haha  You can't get too creative on a mission.

Oh, if y'all want something to do on Sunday, you should look up the Mormon Message "Moments that Matter Most".  There's a part where this lady is standing in front of a grave, there's a headstone behind her.  It's a little blurry, but you should see what name is on it.  I won't give it away  :)  That'd take all the fun out.  But I'll be waiting for an answer.  Which reminds me, I almost forgot!  This p-day is going to be Monday the 27th to be exact (Last transfer of her mission!!!)  Just a heads up!  Whooo I'm glad I remembered to tell you!

Well, I hope you enjoyed the bonus letter.  Thanks for the package!  It was the best!  Thanks for all you do and for all your support!  I love you all!

I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Sister Ririe  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment