I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Monday, March 17, 2014

I Love My District!



Hey Familia,

Sorry I'm a little late emailing today.  It was district temple day.  The temple was amazing!  It's going to be closed for the next year and a half or so.  It's about 30 minutes from the MTC.  The session was in English (yay!) but it was still totally cool!

The food here is getting better.  There was a virus going around and I managed to not get it..which was awesome.  My companion, however,..ya...no bueno.  Poor kid.

Oh...I guess a uni-brow here attracts the ladies.  Yes, Mom, I'm keeping them trimmed.  Trust me on this one!!!

I can't wait for my package that is waiting for me at the mission home (ahem).  Haha..you remember the nerf guns, si??  Yes, I did get all 8 of the DearElder.com letters.  Some people were not pleased that all the mail was for me.  Speaking of mail, I was going to send Nerm a really cool scripture case but I don't trust the mail system.  And then they only fit the Spanish scriptures so it probably wouldn't do him much good.  I'll send pictures of the temple trip and stuff just as soon as I get a card reader!!!  (another big ahem..it's in the package, si?????)  Sis. Haney took a picture and sent it to everyone, so I'll be sure and include that one.

My first Fast Sunday here was super spiritual.  During our testimony meeting there was music blasting on the other side of the wall.  I'm not sure where it was coming from.  It was so distracting from the spirit of the meeting.  I prayed super hard that the music would turn off or that we wouldn't pay attention to it.  My prayer was answered!  After I said amen, none of us heard the music again until the closing hymn!  On Sunday nights they show a church film and this Sunday the film was the Joseph Smith movie that they play at Temple Square.  I got more out of that movie this week than I ever did before!  I kept on thinking that Joseph Smith went through all of those things (tar and feathering and all manners of persecution) because Satan did not want the church to be established here on earth.  Well...I guess maybe he learned his lesson..haha

Oh, after the movie I ran into Riker Healy!  Remember him from rugby?  I haven't seen him in like 4 years!  Such a cool guy!  I also met an Elder from Tennessee and it turns out that he and Lance were in the same YSA ward!  It was funny cuz he was like, "Ririe sounds familiar."  When I discovered where he was from and we figured out he might know Lance, I said that he was short, muscular, and he laughs a lot.  He said, "Yep, that sounds like him."  haha  No matter where I go I'm somebody's little brother!  I don't mind....honest.

I gotta run!  I'll email next week!

Yo amor usted!
Elder Ririe


No comments:

Post a Comment