Well this week has been pretty great! I don't think there's a time that me and Sister Smith haven't been having fun. We actually were in the same MTC district, we've been waiting to be companions our whole mission, and then just when we thought it was impossible. It happened!
So here's part 3: The unexpected
This is what I wish I would've know before the mission
1. Missions aren't the best 18 months OF your life they're the best 18 months FOR your life.
2. Missions are 90% attitude.
3. If you're bored, you're probably doing something wrong.
4. Some companions will become the sisters you never had.
5. If you don't get along with a companion, just remember that you aren't sealed for eternity.
6. If you aren't having at least a little bit of fun, you're doing it wrong.
7. You shouldn't wear flowy skirts when you're on a bike. They could get caught in your spokes and cause your bike to stop in the middle of a busy intersection.
8. There will be tons of awkward moments....
9. Elders are still just 18/19 year old boys.
10. If you tell the mission president what you think should happen, the opposite is most likely going to happen.
11. Sometimes sketchy things happen. But the Lord will always protect you, or at least give you a warning.
12. You never really recover from being tired. You just get used to it, then more tired, than used to that. And so on.
13. Whatever bad moments you have, will be heavily outweighed by the good moments. You will hardly remember that bad things that happen.
14. The mission will become the hardest thing you ever loved to do.
15. You will have "mission brain" and you won't be able to remember a whole lot from the world like movies and music.
16. Sometimes when things are slow your brain will convince you that your investigator is kidnapped and in the middle of the desert. That's probably not true, they're probably just busy.
17. You will come to love these people that are practically strangers.
18. Because you love them you will become so frustrated when they turn down the very thing that will bring them the peace and the happiness they're looking for.
19. You will come to understand the Atonement on a more personal level because you yourself will spend a few moments in Gethsemane.
20. Missions are completely worth everything you go through. Hands down the best decision you will ever make.
Well I love you all! Thanks for all that you do and for all the support!