I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Goat Head Stickers, Obedience, and Scripture Power!

And sometimes we play "try to figure out the picture"!
This week went pretty swell like. We were able to talk to a lot of people and find a lot of potential investigators! We've also spent a lot of time getting ready for a movie night. We're going to play the Testaments at the church and have popcorn and root beer floats. And then we're going to have a some people in the ward dressed up and be characters from the Book of Mormon. Kind of like Disneyland! Or Moroni's quest but not as cool.
 
We were walking around one morning and Sis. Morco walked through some weeds and ended up with a TON of goat heads in her skirt! So then we spent a little while picking them off, we started walking again and it was perfect timing to meet up with this guy that was just walking down the street. He wasn't interested but he was super nice and semi-willing to listen. It just helped my testimony grow a little more that everything really does happen for a reason. Even goat heads. You may never know the reason now, but eventually it will all make sense in the Eternal view of things.
 
I had another pretty cool experience but it was more of a personal thing. Earlier in the week I felt a stronger desire to be more obedient. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't breaking any rules, I just wanted to make sure to do everything right. Sometimes there are a lot of rules to keep track of. I really wasn't sure why this desire was there but it was.
 
Then came zone training (a big meeting with about 9 sets of missionaries) they announced that there was a rule change, that we could now only listen to hymns. Which is a pretty big deal for me. I LOVE my church music. They aren't necessarily hymns but they're still really good songs. But with this desire to be more obedient I was really being prepared to be able to follow this rule change. Everything really does happen for a reason. And while this is a hard rule to follow I know that I'll have help and receive even more blessings :) So I'm excited for the chance I have to be blessed even more than I already have. Which can be pretty hard to imagine sometimes!
 
Something else that has come up a lot is the power that comes through daily scripture reading. We have a recent convert and she hasn't really been doing it as diligently as she should. Well I think she's stopped completely. You could tell too, there was a whole different countenance about her, and what she was saying. But I know that there is power that comes through DAILY reading. Power that Heavenly Father is more than willing to give us. We just have to do our part. I know that the scriptures are here to guide us and help and comfort us, they are truly a gift for us in THIS day, not for the people back then (they didn't have a printing press, normal people didn't have access to them). I know the scriptures are true and will bless you!
 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment