I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. ~3John 1:4

With three of our children now serving in three different countries around the world, we thought this would be the best and easiest way for our friends and family to follow them on their journeys and watch as they learn, grow, and share their experiences. Lance is a combat medic in the US Army and is deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Air Assault, Nicki is serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Mexico, and Hunter is serving a two year mission in Honduras. We are so blessed!


Wednesday, August 27, 2014

You Never Really Know When The Spirit is Trying to Tell You Something!


Mom was slacking again - so lucky you, here's two letters in ONE!  What a deal!  :)  And we received her flight itinerary today!  December 10th it is!  More info to follow!!  (And with any luck at all, she and Lance MAY get to come home together on the same connecting flight! )

This week we were able and blessed to be able to do a lot of service, and we had a baptism! So it was a pretty good week overall!
 
The baptism went a lot better than we had thought it would. The only flaw was that we didn't have a chorister for the opening hymn, I never thought choristers were that important, but they are. The baptism ended up being half Spanish half English, a Spanglish baptism! Which i'm pretty convinced that's actually the city's language. Spanglish. Anyway, she was 9 years old and right after the baptism she came out in her dress and she just said "That was so cool! That was the coolest thing I've ever done!!" It was pretty cute to see.
 
Her older brothers were able to do the baptism and gave a talk! It was so cute to see how much they cared for their little sister. They were both really nervous and wanted to make sure that everything worked out well. And it did! It took them a little while to the whole hand holding part, but that's because he was so nervous. I'm really glad that I was able to be a part of this baptism!
 
The service opportunities this week were way cool! They just kept pouring in! We almost didn't have time to do them all. And now on top of moving, painting, party decorating, house cleaning, I can add wedding planner/decorator(helper) to the list! We helped someone make center pieces for her wedding reception. Well it was more just a reception because they were able to go to the temple to get sealed. They're a really cute couple and they were so excited to be able to be together for literally ever.
 
There were a lot of blessings that came from service, it didn't really show in our numbers but we were able to feel it. I love all the chances that I've been given to serve others. "When you are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God." I'm grateful for all the chances I've been given to serve Heavenly Father by serving His children.
 
Love you all!


This week has been a pretty good week! We're slowly getting out of our dry spell of finding new investigators, this week we were able to find 3 more! Which is nice because a lot of our investigators keep moving or become not so interested anymore. So it's been pretty exciting to get some new people to teach!
 
This week I actually had a really cool experience. It started in the morning when I was studying. I was reading over the Plan of Salvation lesson, studying for an investigator, and when I got to the Spirit World I was reading it and a thought popped into my mind "we're going to need to really focus on this tonight for Yolanda since she had a son that passed away." Then I had a re-thought and it went something like "wait, we don't know that at all, she hasn't opened up to us in that way yet. We don't know anything about her kids." And then I just kind of moved away from the thought and didn't think much of it.
 
Fast forward to the lesson. We're sitting in the lesson... I forget exactly what we were teaching, I think it was about the Atonement. And Yolanda mentioned how she had a son pass away when he was just 11 days old because he was born premature. I was kind of shocked by this! Then I was able to focus a little more on the Spirit World than I normally would've.
 
After the lesson, just to make sure, I asked Sister Morco if we knew that she had a son that passed away, she told me that we had no idea and she never mentioned that before.
 
I learned a lot about the Spirit that day. It really does work in mysterious ways. By one thought popping to my head at the very beginning of the day I was able to teach what she needed to hear in the lesson. One little thought that sounded like my own, and that I thought was slightly crazy at first.
 
You never really now when the Spirit is trying to tell you something. That's why it is so important to always be ready to receive revelation like that. I know that the Spirit is really here to help us, and guide us, protect us and teach us, and so much more! I'm so thankful that I don't have to do this all alone, and go through life all alone. But that I was given the Spirit to help me and really lead me through life and all it's adventures.
 
I love you all and I hope that you have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment